Legacy Preparatory Christian Academy is a University Model School (UMS) and a member of the University-Model Schools International (UMSI)
The immediate goal of the UMS is quality, cost-effective, college-preparatory education accomplished in a way that gives parents more time for imparting the faith and values they hold precious. The ultimate goal is that of producing wholesome, competent men and women of character who make a positive difference for Christ in the next generation.
At Legacy Prep, we meet on a Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday schedule for grades PreK through 4th and Monday/Wednesday/Fridays for 5th through 10th grade. This provides families with more time at home than traditional schooling, but also allows for the power of the classroom in a child’s education.
University-Model schools also integrate challenging academics with Christ-like character development. They affirm the parents’ role as the primary influence in their children’s lives by redirecting time from the school back to the family.
At Legacy we offer:
- University style schedule – classes meet 2 or 3 days a week for a 16-18 week semester
- Course registration on a semester basis
- Flexible scheduling for full and part time students
- Clearly articulated course descriptions
- Integrated parent/teacher instruction
- High academic standards and strong work ethic
- Instruction based on ability level
- Low student-teacher ratio
Who is NAUMS?
The University-Model Schools International® (UMSI, Inc.), a distinctly Christian organization, was started in 2002, in order to promote this unique model and to provide support and assistance to existing and developing University-Model Schools (UMS) answering the need of so many Christian parents in search of a better educational model for their children. Learn More…